Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - When will toolkitpro provide scenic ribbon style
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhen will toolkitpro provide scenic ribbon style

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When will toolkitpro provide scenic ribbon style
    Posted: 08 May 2009 at 4:47am
When will toolkitpro provide windows 7 scenic ribbon style? BCGSoftControlBar has provided the feature. But I like Xtreme toolkitpro more.
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 4:57pm
It will be available with the next release, sometime in June. :)
Kirk Stowell, President and CEO
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS<
donny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 10:01pm
That's great! I am longing for it.
Thanks to all the engineers of Codejock for producing such perfect libraris. I enjoy on it.
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Support Support wrote:

It will be available with the next release, sometime in June. :)

Including Office 14 style? Should be just a matter of the color set.
I hope that the Scenic Ribbon theme is not based on bitmaps and renders faster than the Office 2007 themes.

http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=13182

Codejock support
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 3:48am
June?! What happened with the May-release? :P
PokerMemento - http://www.pokermemento.com/
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 6:43am
Originally posted by znakeeye znakeeye wrote:

The codename May release was internally renamed to June and will be released in July or August.

Codejock support
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 8:00am

Lol!

As discussed before, I think registered users should have access to a source trunk where all new fixes are available. Sure, new (secret) features may be excluded. As long as the fixes are there, I'm happy.

Seriously, this is no good. A better approach is to have more minor releases/fixpacks. This would minimize the "" among the users.
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 10:01am
Originally posted by ABuenger ABuenger wrote:

The codename May release was internally renamed to June and will be released in July or August.

Everyone is a comedian! Actually the internal codename "May" release was renamed to the External "June" release, however I think "December" has a better ring to it now, thanks for the suggestion to put it off further! ABrunger you complain that we need a road map but then when we start to inform you on forums about release date changes or news about upcoming features you complains more, why? If you want us to be more open with release dates we are willing to do so, but complaining all the time makes this very frustrating.
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 10:59am
Kirk, I'm not complaining at all. Take it easy, it was just a joke.

Codejock support
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 11:24am
Originally posted by ABuenger ABuenger wrote:

Kirk, I'm not complaining at all. Take it easy, it was just a joke.

No problem.

terrym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 10:01am
:) its great to see Windows 7 :) theme coming in 13.1

And its great to see we are getting feedback on release dates etc.  I cant wait to see the new features and to imlement them so our customers can see them.

Keep up the great work and we hope to be using XTP for many years to come as our new products such as Alphabet Names use the ribbons to great affect.

Sorry kirk for not getting back the case study, if you are still interested in this please let me know as I can do it now very promptly for you as I have managed to finalise our latest product lol.

Thank you,
Terry Mancey

email terry@tmancey.ltd.uk | linkedin www.tmancey.ltd.uk | twitter @tmancey
donny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 9:48pm
I installed MS office2010 preview today. The GUI is very beautifull.
BCGSoftControlBar's ribbon sytle is only part of feels like that.
I hope xtreme toolkitpro can exceed it.
terrym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 4:19am
Originally posted by donny donny wrote:

I installed MS office2010 preview today. The GUI is very beautifull.
BCGSoftControlBar's ribbon sytle is only part of feels like that.
I hope xtreme toolkitpro can exceed it.

We skipped even looking at BCG as we read so many great reviews about XTP (and many bad reviews about speed and reliability of BCG) back when we bought this product and we have never looked back.  It may seem we moan a lot about certain features lol but rest assured we ourselves will never change from XTP.

And we all know CodeJock will do a great job of the new themed ribbon styles.

Thank you,
Terry Mancey

znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 4:46am
I believe BCG was integrated with MFC due to the fact that XTP was too good.
A superb GUI framework would yield advantages for Microsoft competitors... The current MFC-ribbon (BCG) is a joke - hence, not a threat.
terrym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 4:50am

I believe BCG was integrated with MFC due to the fact that XTP was too good.
A superb GUI framework would yield advantages for Microsoft competitors... The current MFC-ribbon (BCG) is a joke - hence, not a threat.

I must totally agree, as Microsoft had to show that they were improving but in the same light they had to make sure MFC could not produce applications to compete with its office products etc. as not sure if the MFC component needs a license for the ribbon UI

Thank you,
Terry Mancey

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic