Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CXTPTaskPanel Keyboard navigation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
aaxemen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaxemen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CXTPTaskPanel Keyboard navigation
    Posted: 11 November 2004 at 5:08pm

I created the same problem with a simple dialog application that has a CXTPTaskPanel inside of it, along with the OK and Cancel buttons. Inside the taskPanel I have a group that contains an edit control and some other groups containing linkItems.

If I create the taskPanel with the extended style WS_EX_CONTROLPARENT then the tabbing includes the dialogs buttons and the edit control. If I remove  WS_EX_CONTROLPARENT then the tabbing includes the buttons and the items inside the taskPanel.

How can I include both the edit control and the linkItems?

-Jeff

Sven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2004 at 3:39am
I guess the keyboard navigation with PreTranslateMessage/IsDialogMessage conflicts with the internal CXTPTaskPanel navigation. Maybe Oleg can help here.
aaxemen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaxemen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2004 at 9:36am
Then I must be doing something wrong. I have a CXTPTaskPanel with a couple of controls in it, and then a number of LinkItems. It lives in a CXTPDockingPane so I override PreTranslateMessage and call IsDialogMessage to get keyboard navigation between controls. I can tab between my controls, but not to any of the LinkItems.
Sven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2004 at 4:09am
Yes, CXTPTaskPanel has a nice keyboard control. You can <tab> through the items and select (open) an item with <space>.
aaxemen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaxemen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2004 at 11:26pm

Is it possible to fill a CXTPTaskPanel with LinkItems and then let the keyboard select one of the items?

Thanks,
Jeff

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic