Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MAPI data and MapiEntryID

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sguy12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MAPI data and MapiEntryID
    Posted: 02 April 2009 at 2:31am
hi,

Using the MAPI connection, i am trying to get the MAPIEntryID off any Calendar Event.

all events are showing correct but,

i am getting '????????' question marks instead ot the real outlook entryid.

what went wrong?

regards,

Guy
Masadit Software
sguy12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sguy12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2009 at 9:19am
i guess my question is not clear....here is the code is use (AFTER connection to MAPI connection)

CalendarControl.Populate()

Dim eventList As XtremeCalendarControl.CalendarEvents = CalendarControl.DataProvider.GetAllEventsRaw

Dim MyEvent As XtremeCalendarControl.CalendarEvent = eventList(0)

Dim s As String = MyEvent.CustomProperties.SaveToString

the String value in "s" is:

<Calendar CompactMode="1"><CustomProperties><CustomProperty Name="mapientryid" Value="" VariantType="8209"/><CustomProperty Name="mapisearchkey" Value="????????" VariantType="8209"/></CustomProperties></Calendar>

AS you can see the value of "mapientryid" is empty.

HOW can i recieve this value from the calendar control?

regards,

Guy
Masadit Software

mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2009 at 10:30pm
"???????" often means unicoded content inside non-unicoded code. Is your version of Calendar built as unicoded or not?
sguy12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sguy12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 3:14am
hi,
well, i tried using the UNICODE OCX. this time i got this string (in "CustomProperties")

<Calendar CompactMode="1"><CustomProperties><CustomProperty Name="mapisearchkey" Value="ְ⼯䜴碬グ熘렪" VariantType="8209"/><CustomProperty Name="mapientryid" Value="" VariantType="8209"/></CustomProperties></Calendar>

i got unrecognized letters in the propertie "mapisearchkey"

and STILL, the "mapientryid" (Which is the value i really need...) is empty (it's value returns nothing)
plz, help...
GUY.
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 9:32am
You use custom case - question - who fill this mapisearchkey ?
sguy12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sguy12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2009 at 3:17am

Well,

no one writes to the "mapisearchkey" value.

BUT, i am interested in the "mapientryid" value. "EntryID" is the unique ID for each item in MS-OUTLOOK.

SO, i guess "mapientryid" should contain this value.
I Really need "mapientryid" for the outlook appointments.

but, the value return empty for each MAPI connection i make to any outlook calendar...

how can this be fixed?
how can i get the "EntryID" of an item in outlook through the MAPI connection?

need help,
guy.

jpcoffeyXXX View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpcoffeyXXX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2009 at 2:07pm
sqguy, did you ever get this figured out?  I am trying to sync Outlook to my application and need to have the "mapientryid" as well.  Were you able to successfully retrieve it after trying the unicode version of the calendar control?  Thanks for your feedback. 

Sincerely,

John P. Coffey

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic