Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - how to remove a window from the skin framework?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

how to remove a window from the skin framework?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhuvidya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to remove a window from the skin framework?
    Posted: 25 March 2009 at 7:39pm
hi there

i am developing a vc++ 6 mfc app, with codejock, and in this app i embed the Flash ActiveX control to play some flash movies for me

in all version of flash <= 9.*, it works fine, but in version 10.* of Flash, at a certain point in playing my swf movie, it generates a "chkesp.c stack problem" vc++ debug error, which is generated in the lowlevel framework hooking functions, and is more than likely due to the fact that a function is assumed to be of a certain prototype, but has been compiled as another

i saw a post last year of someone who had a similar issue (see https://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10171), and they solved it by "removing the window handle from the skin framework"

i feel this might be the solution to my problem - remove the window handle which contains the activex object from the skin framework - but how do i do this??????

i would be most grateful for *any* help

regards
bhu

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 2:01am
Hello,
Check what flash dlls loaded and call
XTPSkinManager()->ExcludeModule("thisdllname.dll") before you load them.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
bhuvidya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhuvidya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 3:24am

fantastic - that works!!!!! i am soooooo happy!

it wasn't in CXTPSkinManager for v11.1.0 so i copied the (trivial) method across as per 13.0.0

before you posted this reply, i had hacked into CXTPSkinManagerApiHook::OnHookCreateThread() and wrote a hack that excluded any lpStartAddress that was in the range i noticed was related to Flash ocx - an ugly hack that worked but i am *much* happier with this method, of course

i wish i had've come to the forums sooner, i was so completely bamboozled by it i got misdirected - i thought it was an issue inside the flash ocx (which it kinda is)

anyway, thanks!

bfahle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bfahle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2011 at 1:35pm
I noticed that my normal thread manager was creating threads that are also managed by the skin framework, which I don't think is desirable. It caused a deadlock in the CXTPSkinManagerApiHook::ThreadProcHook on shutdown. So, I called XTPSkinManager()->SetAutoApplyNewThreads(false); and this solved the problem.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic