FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CustomThemes Sample

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
douglashogan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote douglashogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CustomThemes Sample
    Posted: 19 August 2003 at 3:28pm

Chaps

I have been looking at the Custom Themes sample in order to put the themes code into my own application. This was very easy.

However, there is tons of code in this sample dealing with toolbar customisation. Most of it seems to be implemented in CMainFrame::OnCreateControl (). The documentation for this function is zippo. There is also apparent support for Combo boxes in the customisation dialog , although the combos cannot be resized. This has been requested on these forums before. No mention was made of this sample. For toolbar customisation should everything now go through OnCreateControl (). If the code is not mature then I will not use it.

So basically there are a lot of other issues dealt with by this sample. Is this a test bed for new functionality to be released in the toolkit? Can I cut and paste some of this code with confidence that it will work in future versions?

On another note...

Sadly the documentation seems to be lacking overall . Seems like you used a utility like DocJet to generate the help from source file comments. Is there a more complete set of help documentation on the way or are you still working on some new ideas and don't want to commit to wriitng detailed help until the code is finalised?

Thanks

Douglas

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic