Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > .NET WinForms
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How upgrade vb.net project from 12.1.1 to 13.0.0?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow upgrade vb.net project from 12.1.1 to 13.0.0?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimdar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How upgrade vb.net project from 12.1.1 to 13.0.0?
    Posted: 25 March 2009 at 8:28am
Hi,

Have removed 12.1.1 Activex version and inatalled the new 13.0.0 but now I can't open the old vb.net project. There is a tool for update the com reference from 12.1.1 to 13.0.0?

Thank's you
gaudetm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaudetm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2009 at 10:21am
For my part  i had this problem many times since i upgrade from 9.5 up to 13 each time in my code in VB.NET and still have some problems with it

But for as far as i know the best way to fix it is to remove all codejock references in your project then delete in release and bin folder of the project all interop files associated to codejock controls then add references to new version of the controls and add a new temporary form in your project then add a control of each codejock controls used in this form then remove it save all your project and it work but some event may need to be deleted and add back again but not always

and i notice some bugs using them in .net ide, like no events occured when in mdichild form for some reasons only work around is to recreate a user control in .net and add all references to to activex control to it so it work but only on first load not fix when unload and reload yet

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2009 at 3:47pm
All you should need to do is manually delete all temp files for your project, open up the vbproj\csproj file in wordpad or some text editor and change all major and minor version numbers for codejock components to the latest. then rebuild.

1. Make sure you uninstall old version first.
2. Install new version.
3. Manually delete all temp files for the project (bin\obj folders, .sup and .user files).
4. Open up vbproj\csproj file in notepad and manually change all version numbers of codejock for "major" from "12" to "13" and "minor" from "1" to "0".
5. Open project, then clean, then rebuild all

the numbers in step 4 will vary depending on the older version he used and the new version he is installing
dimdar View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimdar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 5:14am
Hi,

Thanks’ for your reply. I think and I hope that a migration tool or VS-plug-in will be implemented in the next release.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic