Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problem with HideClient and CTRL Tab

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem with HideClient and CTRL Tab
    Posted: 18 March 2009 at 4:18pm
Hi,

If you set DockingPaneManager.Options.HideClient = True and the client area does not have a RTB control on it, then when you press CTRL-TAB to get the docking pages up, then when you select one of the panes, it doesnt give that pane focus.

For example, I have mod'ed your SDISample project to show what I mean, and attached it.

All I have done to it, is to remove the RTB and put in the line DockingPaneManager.Options.HideClient = True while creating the panes in load proc.

Run the project, select Pane A, press CTRL-TAB, let go of CTRL & TAB, and now nothing has focus.

If you put a RTB on frmMain, for some reason this then fixes it.

Also, there is some strange things going on if you press the up arrow key when in one of the panes. Sometimes, and I've not been able to find when, pressing the up arrow makes the pane lose focus, and then no control has focus.

Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks,

Rob D.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 13.0.0
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 3
Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

robdon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 6:48pm
Damn it!

Wondered why I had no replies... stupid me forgot to attach the example...

Attached to this post now.

Thanks for any help, now....

robdon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 2:52am
Hi,

Any chance someone can answer my post please, as I cant progress on testing until I know a solution for this?

Thanks,

Rob.

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 4:24am
Hi,

Yes, this is known problem but not the only problem with focus. Please look at some posts in this forum and you will see why.

Maybe in your case you could use DockingPaneManager.EnableKeyboardNavigate PaneKeyboardUseAltF6 , this will set focus to the pane and will fire DockingPaneManager_Action event.

I don't understand why it doesn't fire this event when selecting pane with CTRL-TAB.

I also don't understand why Support doesn't reply on this post at all... they know what is possible and what not.

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic