Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Suite Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PropertyGridItem Date format? (and NULL)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shildreth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PropertyGridItem Date format? (and NULL)
    Posted: 02 November 2004 at 10:49am
Hi,

I am using the PropteryGrid and this statement:
Set Item = Category.AddChildItem(PropertyItemDate, "Release Date", adoRSLookup.Fields("user_release_date") & "")

The date format in the SQL table is '2004-10-01' but when the property grid displays '01/10/2004'

I have tried item.format = "mm/dd/yyyy" with no luck, and I cant seem to find the docs on this.

Oh and if the value is NULL got any sexy way of handling that? I put an If then and change the property value, because I dont want the '01/01/2004' date to appear when the value is in the database. Here is how I handled it:

If Not IsNull(adoRSLookup.Fields("user_release_date")) Then
    Set Item = Category.AddChildItem(PropertyItemDate, "Release Date", adoRSLookup.Fields("user_release_date") & "")
    Item.Description = "user_release_date"
Else
    Set Item = Category.AddChildItem(PropertyItemString, "Release Date", "---")
    Item.Description = "user_release_date"
End If

I would love to hear how I am a chucklehead and be pointed in a better direction.

Thanks for any help,
Regards,
Steven

dlord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2004 at 1:58pm
I've got the same issue and asked about it in the PropertyGrid Forums, but no replies. I do think the date format is a fairly major issue...!

Edited by dlord
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2004 at 2:23pm
So far, in the next release you will be able to bind items of type PropertyItemDate.  Just to let you know, this has been sent to development and we are waiting for a response
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic