Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problems on WinXP 64-bit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems on WinXP 64-bit
    Posted: 17 February 2009 at 5:23pm
Hi,

We're using CommandBars and DockingPane 12.0.2. The app is built in 32-bit. When I deploy it on a 64-bit WinXP, everything installs fine, and the OCX files register properly (I checked in the Registry), but when the app starts, I nevertheless get the message about a non-registered COM component (more specifically, it complains about Codejock.CommandBarsGlobalSettings.12.0.2).

Is there a way around this?

Best,
Michal Blazejczyk
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2009 at 1:16am
Hi,
Is it .NET application ? Did you change CPU type from "Any CPU" to "x86" ?
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
blazej View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2009 at 10:15am
Hi Oleg,

Yes, it is a .NET application. It is build with "Any CPU" setting.

Is there somewhere a FAQ / Knowledge Base article where I can read about the compatibility between CodeJock's ActiveX controls and 64-bit Windows?

Best,
Michal
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2009 at 3:03am
Hi,

You have switch to x86 :(  
our ActiveX are 32 bit dlls, so they can't work with 64 bit exe.
Oleg, Support Team
blazej View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2009 at 10:19am
Hi,

But if I switch to x86, it will still run on 64-bit Windows, right?

As a general note, I think you realize that sticking to 32-bit ActiveX controls is not going to get you very far on today's market. A pure .NET version of Codejock components is long overdue. I myself will be seriously looking at moving to a another product for my command bar and docking needs because my app would really benefit from a 64-bit version.

Best,
Michal
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2009 at 12:03pm
Hi,

yes, x86 version will run.
Oleg, Support Team
SteveStraley View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveStraley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2009 at 7:06pm
Oleg,

Hi.

I just created a x64 configuration from the "Any CPU" configuration.   Rebuilt all my DLL's under this, deleted the refeneces from the main application to those DLL's and now pointed to them in the x64 folder, and tried to run under Vista 64 and I get the COM Exception error on the "XtremeCalendarContro.CalendarGlobalSettings()".   I'm using the 13.0 version of the suite.

So the question is, is there something I'm missing in those AND/OR what are the steps to rectify this???

Thanks,

Steve
Baldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2009 at 10:55am
You should use x86 (32-Bit) and not x64 (64-bit) as oleg described.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic