Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Property Grid
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Property Grid ActiveX and database

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwdhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Property Grid ActiveX and database
    Posted: 28 October 2004 at 10:53pm
I want to use data in database to initial Property Grid ActiveX. Can someone give me an example?
zwdhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwdhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2004 at 7:16am

Hello! SuperMario!

Can you show me a small program?  I want to use data in database to initial Property Grid ActiveX.

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2004 at 8:09am
Have you looked at the bind sample?  I would load your data from the database into some variables and bind them to propertygriditems like the sample.  What type of database are you using?
zwdhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwdhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2004 at 7:59am
Thank you! I have seen the example. I want to use database to save my setting, and load these setting to property grid when the program is launched next time. Can you give me some advice?  I do not want to make it cost to much resources.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2004 at 8:20am
I don't think performace will be an issue.   Are you using Access? 
zwdhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwdhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 12:23am
I don't know whether I need to distribute something to support Access if I use it. Can I just use *.txt file to save my settings?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 7:16am
I suppose you could use any method you wanted to save your settings.  Just a matter of reading and writing to the text file.  What settings are you looking to save?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic