Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

(SOLVED) Change TreeViewNode parent

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsipela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: (SOLVED) Change TreeViewNode parent
    Posted: 12 February 2009 at 11:20am
Hi,

I am working with VB6 and Codejock controls 13.0.0 under Windows XP,

I need to change the parent of TreeViewNode at runtime, but when i change the property Parent of TreeViewNode it doens't place itselft at new position
of treeview, curiously the Text property of the supposed old parent changes to Text property of the supposed new parent.

This is the code that i am using :

Set Me.TreeView1.Nodes("NodeKey").Parent = Me.TreeView1.Nodes("ParentNodeKey")

Any suggestion ?

Thanks,  
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2009 at 1:36am

Hi,

Sorry, Parent  property is readonly in our TreeView. You only can remove previous node and add new.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
pepsipela View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsipela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2009 at 5:28am
Thanks, but when the TreeViewNode to move has a chlidren nodes structure, what should i do ?

What will happens with chlidren nodes when remove the parent node ?

Should i remove all children nodes structure and create same structure node by node ?

Thanks
pepsipela View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsipela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2009 at 11:29am
Originally posted by pepsipela pepsipela wrote:

Thanks, but when the TreeViewNode to move has a chlidren nodes structure, what should i do ?

What will happens with chlidren nodes when remove the parent node ?

Should i remove all children nodes structure and create same structure node by node ?

Thanks

We are in development process and we need to take some important decisions related to this topic.

Any suggestions ?, please.

Thanks a lot for your help
pepsipela View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsipela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 4:18am
Originally posted by oleg oleg wrote:

Hi,

Sorry, Parent  property is readonly in our TreeView. You only can remove previous node and add new.

Thanks for your response,

Is planned to implement the possibility of change the parent proprerty of TreeViewNode in future versions ?

Regards.

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 1:17pm
Hi,

Yes, we are going to implment this.
Oleg, Support Team
pepsipela View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsipela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2009 at 6:25am

Hi,

Yes, we are going to implment this.

Thank you very much for your support !

We have done a massive replacement of VB6 standart controls for Codejock controls, we are developping a new version of our application that we may finalize during the next months, and the possibility of change the parent node in execution time is a critical feature for us. We doubt between maintaining provisionally the VB6 standard Treeview or  implementing the Codejock's Treeview definitively.

It would be possible to have an approximated idea when the new version of the Treeview Codejock control will be available ?

Thaks a lot for everything,

Regards
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2009 at 8:20am
Hi,
If its so critical for you, send email to support@codejoc.com , I will attach updated ActiveX.
Oleg, Support Team
pepsipela View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsipela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2009 at 9:38am

Hi,
If its so critical for you, send email to support@codejoc.com , I will attach updated ActiveX.

Thank you very much for your special attention, the email is sent.

Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic