Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Groups on the Quick Access Toolbar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmathis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Groups on the Quick Access Toolbar
    Posted: 13 January 2009 at 5:13pm
I have an MDI app that uses multiple ribbons and QATs, each specific to a different type of document.  As I transition between documents, I clear and recreate the QAT (using LoadCommandBars("docType")), then clear & rebuild the ribbon.

I've just noticed that if I add a group to the ribbon, it initially looks fine.  However, if I close that document, then open another one of the same type, the group's dropdown contains controls from a different group, seemingly a random selection.  The button text looks fine.  I can't see a pattern to the group that the controls come from.

I can't reproduce this in a sample, but then I can't find a sample with multiple ribbons & QATs. 

I tried reversing some of my logic so that I clear/restore the ribbon before the QAT, and that seems to work.  Is the solution that simple?  If so, I'd like to understand more about why that is the case, since I honestly don't recall whether I had other factors to consider when I laid out the code they way it is now.

--Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic