Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FormExtender Feature Requests

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FormExtender Feature Requests
    Posted: 23 December 2008 at 2:14pm
My Christmas wish:

It would be nice if the FormExtender had the following functionality:

1) Allow to set the BorderStyle property at run-time (I guess it would have its own BorderStyle property that overrides the forms property).

Also, as requested before, any chance of the following events?:

AppGotFocus
AppLostFocus (when task switches to another app or back, the standard Activate event doesn't fire in this situation)

Thanks!
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.6
Platform: Windows XP - SP3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 6:08pm
Okay, I spent a couple of hours to get some of the functionality I've been looking for...It would be great if similar code could be added to the FormExtender to reduce the number of dependencies I require, and because the features should be of general use. I've created a control with the following events:

1) AppGotFocus, AppLostFocus (fired when the entire application gets focus from another application or loses focus to another application)
2) BeginUserMove - fired when the user is about to begin moving the form (e.g. mouse down on title bar).
3) BeforeUserMove - fired before the new position of a form is drawn on-screen, so you can change the position or cancel the movement. Useful for preventing a form from being moved off-screen (for example)
4) UserMove - fired after a change of form position has been drawn on-screen (useful for moving other forms with a form). Doesn't fire when using the Move method, or Left, Right, Top, Bottom properties in code.
5) EndUserMove - fired when the user has stopped moving the form.
6) BeginUserResize - fired when the user is about to begin resizing the form.
7) EndUserResize - fired when the user has stopped resizing the form.
8) BeforeUserMinimize - fired when the user clicks the minimize button, but before completing the minimization (can be cancelled). Useful for minimizing to the tray instead of the taskbar. Doesn't fire when setting WindowState in code.
9) BeforeUserMaximize - fired when the user clicks the maximize button, but before completing the maximization (can be cancelled). Not sure if this has much of a use since you can disable the maximize button. Doesn't fire when setting WindowState in code.
10) BeforeUserRestore - fired when the user clicks the restore button, but before completing the restoration (can be cancelled). Not sure if this has much of a use. Doesn't fire when setting WindowState in code.
11) FirstActivate - fired the first time a form is activated, and never again. Useful for getting rid of ugly Static variable dependent code in the regular Form_Activate event.
12) BeforeShowSystemMenu - fired before the system menu is shown (can be cancelled to not show the menu). This was a request of Aaron's. You can also modify the menu items in this event.

I know you can't use the VB6 code directly for the FormExtender code, but it could be useful for study purposes. You will need to register the SL5Subclass.dll to use the demo, otherwise you can just look at the source code for ideas.

jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 10:50pm
Updated source code for better behaviour in edge cases (some Windows message weirdness). Also added PreventSystemMenu and CloseOnControlBoxDblClick properties.

uploads/20090104_225010_SizeMove.zip

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2009 at 6:13am
Hi Jason,

First of all, Best wishes for 2009

You have been a busy bee during the holidays, that's for sure  If this could be implemented in FormExtender control, this control would be getting a few  extra hehehe. This would really upgrade the standard form to a higher level :)

Thanks a lot

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2009 at 1:44pm
Hi Aaron,

Thanks, and happy new year to you!

I guess we'll just have to wait and see if any of these get implemented. The WndProc isn't too compicated, so we'll keep our fingers crossed that CJ can stick similar code into the FormExtender source...

jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2009 at 10:19am
So how about it Oleg? Any chance of these features being implemented in the next release?

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2009 at 1:14am
Sorry I not sure now. There a lot of more priority work :-(
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2009 at 11:30am
But the hard work has been done Oleg!

Just kidding, I understand. Thanks for the update though.

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 1:49am
Hi,

I would like to add another one to your list... What I would like to accomplish is, changing tooltips of Close, Max. & Min. in the titlebar. I didn't succeed (yet) in finding solution and maybe you guys have an idea to do so. Any help would be greatly appreciated Wink

Thanks a lot in advance

jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 11:30pm
My preliminary research seems to indicate that it is either impossible or at least very difficult to change the tooltip for the built-in form controls.

However, if you are using the Ribbon (and possibly even for the SkinFramework), then it is possible that CJ is drawing their own form controls, and they may have control over the tooltip that is displayed. So maybe some from CJ can answer whether or not it is possible to have properties exposed for tooltip elements?

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 9:36am
Originally posted by jpbro jpbro wrote:

Okay, I spent a couple of hours to get some of the functionality I've been looking for...It would be great if similar code could be added to the FormExtender to reduce the number of dependencies I require, and because the features should be of general use. I've created a control with the following events:

1) AppGotFocus, AppLostFocus (fired when the entire application gets focus from another application or loses focus to another application)
2) BeginUserMove - fired when the user is about to begin moving the form (e.g. mouse down on title bar).
3) BeforeUserMove - fired before the new position of a form is drawn on-screen, so you can change the position or cancel the movement. Useful for preventing a form from being moved off-screen (for example)
4) UserMove - fired after a change of form position has been drawn on-screen (useful for moving other forms with a form). Doesn't fire when using the Move method, or Left, Right, Top, Bottom properties in code.
5) EndUserMove - fired when the user has stopped moving the form.
6) BeginUserResize - fired when the user is about to begin resizing the form.
7) EndUserResize - fired when the user has stopped resizing the form.
8) BeforeUserMinimize - fired when the user clicks the minimize button, but before completing the minimization (can be cancelled). Useful for minimizing to the tray instead of the taskbar. Doesn't fire when setting WindowState in code.
9) BeforeUserMaximize - fired when the user clicks the maximize button, but before completing the maximization (can be cancelled). Not sure if this has much of a use since you can disable the maximize button. Doesn't fire when setting WindowState in code.
10) BeforeUserRestore - fired when the user clicks the restore button, but before completing the restoration (can be cancelled). Not sure if this has much of a use. Doesn't fire when setting WindowState in code.
11) FirstActivate - fired the first time a form is activated, and never again. Useful for getting rid of ugly Static variable dependent code in the regular Form_Activate event.
12) BeforeShowSystemMenu - fired before the system menu is shown (can be cancelled to not show the menu). This was a request of Aaron's. You can also modify the menu items in this event.

I know you can't use the VB6 code directly for the FormExtender code, but it could be useful for study purposes. You will need to register the SL5Subclass.dll to use the demo, otherwise you can just look at the source code for ideas.

Hi Oleg,

Please, please, please add red marked request into next version Wink I would be very pleased if you are going to implement it. Of course it would be wonderfull if you would add them all...

Thanks a lot in advance  

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic