Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

V12 breaks tooltip title display

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: V12 breaks tooltip title display
    Posted: 25 November 2008 at 11:31am
I am receiving problem reports regarding the titles of our tooltips. After moving to V 12 of CJ, some of our tooltips have the title truncated. I have traced the problem to CXTPToolTipContextToolTip::GetToolSize.

Before V 12, the code measured the title rectangle and made sure the returned tool rectangle was large enough to display the title.

In V12, the code now includes a call to "min" where the minimum of the computed title width and the max width of the tooltip itself is computed.

The tooltip still displays fine since the display code does not use the DT_SINGLELINE flag for the tooltip display. But the title of the tip is displayed using DT_SINGLELINE and can now be truncated.

When can I expect a fix so that the tooltip width only applies to the tooltip itself and not the title too?
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2008 at 12:32pm
This is terrible! Our German friends have fairly long titles. I don't have an easy way to determine the value passed to SetMaxTipWidth. Not only do we have to now accomodate all possible language tranlations, but we also have font sizes to contend with since language translation for our product includes font size changes. This makes a-priori width settings mainly guess work!

Please reinstate the original code. Let the width of the tip apply to the tip itself and not the title. Either that, or start allowing a title to wrap (drop the DT_SINGLELINE when measuring and drawing the title).
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2008 at 3:09am
Hi,
Thanks, you are right. Please send email to support@codejock.com I will upload changed file to test.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 10:04am
I have tried to send mail twice. It is being refused. Looks like it made it out of our system. I am getting a security error. We have a way to submit problems and I'll go that route.
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2008 at 2:25am
Hi,

12.1.1 is released now, please download it and check if it will work for you .
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic