Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

command bars customization questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: command bars customization questions
    Posted: 02 October 2004 at 8:40am

I´m new to ActiveX suite of Xtreme Suite and looking for a way to do the following tasks:

- preventing all menu- and toolbars from being "floated" or moved
- hide the "customization extension" from the right side of toolbars

By the way: At the url http://www.codejock.com/products/commandbars/activex/ I saw real whidbey colorization ! Is it able to do in v9.10 or in the next release ?
Are there any release dates for the next versions ?

Regards

tobi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2004 at 9:01am

I´ve found a solution for hiding the chevron menu extension of toolbars, but I still have the problem to make it impossible for the user to move the menu- and toolbars.
I played around with this code:

CommandBars(1).EnableDocking xtpFlagAlignTop + xtpFlagHideWrap + xtpFlagStretched

But if I have a menu and toolbar the user can put toolbar on top of menubar and vice versa. Also the can "move" the command bars left and right. I totaly want to deactivate it !!!

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2004 at 9:34am
Try:
    CommandBars(1).EnableDocking xtpFlagHideWrap
Or
    CommandBars(1).EnableDocking False

Don't forget to remove the grippers (do something like this, I can't remember word for word):
    CommandBars(1).ModifyStyle  0,  XTPGRIPPER
tobi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2004 at 10:12am

Thank you very much SuperMario,
This is exactly what I was looking for !!!
Perhaps you can answer me this questions ?
At the url http://www.codejock.com/products/commandbars/activex/ I saw real whidbey colorization ! Is it able to do in v9.10 or in the next release ?
Are there any release dates for the next versions ?

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2004 at 5:03pm
You can in  next release.  Take a look at MDI Sample innext release.  Also there is whidbey theme for Toolbox. Not sure on next release, but it is planned any day now.  No definite date, it could be tomorrow it could be a week from now.  But real soon
gshawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gshawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2004 at 4:28pm

Originally posted by SuperMario SuperMario wrote:

You can in  next release.  Take a look at MDI Sample innext release.  Also there is whidbey theme for Toolbox. Not sure on next release, but it is planned any day now.  No definite date, it could be tomorrow it could be a week from now.  But real soon

Hi,

Could you perhaps guide us through the process of changing one of the sample's styles to Whidbey? I cannot find anything related in the samples that shipped with v9.50. Also, I do not see it as part of the VisualTheme properties for the CommandBars and DockingPane controls. I can only see it in the TaskPanel control.

Please advise... Thanks in advance.

gshawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gshawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2004 at 5:30pm
I forgot to specify a bit of information about my software configuration. I am running Xtreme Suite 9.50 ActiveX, in Visual Basic 6.0 SP6 under Windows XP Professional SP1.
Boyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2004 at 6:45pm

gshawn,

It appears that SuperMario was referring to the 'SetSpecialColor' method of CommandBars.  There's no built-in theme to match the Whidbey style, although I wish they'd just add one.  You can currently use the Office 2003 theme and the 'SetSpecialColor' method to change the colors to look like Whidbey (I think the SDI Sample or MDI Sample for CommandBars illustrates custom colors).

Keep in mind, however, that this appears to only apply to CommandBars.  If you use DockingPanes in your application, there isn't a 'SetSpecialColor' method for that.  So I wouldn't suggest even trying this approach unless you only use CommandBars.

I posted a similar response in the following thread that you might want to watch as well:
https://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1163

Edited by Boyd
gshawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gshawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2004 at 6:58pm

Hi Boyd,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I may be a little bit confused, because I think I am talking about something different here. When I downloaded the "Sample Applications" from the Downloads area on the site, there was one sample in particular that impressed me. It was "GUI_Whidbey.exe" and it displays a Whidbey-style interface. I realize now that I should have posted this in the DockingPane forum, but what I am trying to accomplish is something similar to this:

http://www.mvpblog.com/arun/2004/07/whidbeys-docking-feature .html

Boyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2004 at 8:11pm

The docking feature is easy using two options, but I can't remember their exact names (I don't have the docs in front of me).  I believe they are properties of the 'DockingPanes->Options' and I think they're called 'AlphaDockingContext' and 'ShowDockingContextStickers'.  Both options need to be set to True.  The first one gives you the alpha-blended shadows.  The 2nd one gives you the blue icons showing the docking location.

Hope this helps... sorry for any confusion on the previous post.

Boyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2004 at 8:15pm
To follow-up on the 'GUI_Whidbey.exe' example, this can't be done with the ActiveX controls.  This was built using custom themes in the MFC version, and Codejock has yet to implement this feature in ActiveX.
gshawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gshawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2004 at 11:33pm

Hi,

Thank you for your help. It was indeed AlphaDockingContext and ShowDockingContextStickers.

I really appreciate your help. Thanks for your time, and have a great day!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic