Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Memoryleaks?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samuli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Memoryleaks?
    Posted: 07 August 2003 at 1:04am

Hi!

I was testing your Xtreme Toolkit Pro (evaluation version) for Visual Studio 6. I created some toolbars, status bar, and a docking window. Now, when debugging the app, it gives me _alot_ of memory leaks, which definetly comes from your toolkit. Is there any un-initializations or special destructotr which i should call? I tried to look through your samples, but it seemed, that there wasn't any.

I was thinking to buy a license, but if don't support visual studio 6 (or the toolkit is that buggy), i probably won't...

Can anyone help?

-- Samuli
blindemann View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blindemann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2003 at 5:53pm

Hi,

This is Bob at Codejock support.

There should not be any memory leaks. I will pass this information on to the developers and I will get back to you about this. This is a high priority issue. It would be nice if you sent me the project so that we could specifically identify the issue. You can send it to support@codejock.com and I will get it.

Thanks,

Bob

Edited by Administrator
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2003 at 10:05am

Hi Samuli,

If you are using the layout manager to save and restore panel layouts, you have free any memory that was allocated by calling "CreateLayout()", if you do not free this memory, you will see memory leaks.  Here is an example...

Allocate a new panel layout:

int CMainFrame::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct)
{
    if (CMDIFrameWnd::OnCreate(lpCreateStruct) == -1)
        return -1;

// Allocate memory for panel layout
    m_pRunLayout = GetDockingPaneManager()->CreateLayout();

return
0;
}

Free the memory allocated for the panel layout:

void CMainFrame::OnDestroy()
{
    CMDIFrameWnd::OnDestroy();

// free allocated memory
    delete
m_pRunLayout;
}

Please see the 'PaneSample'  for complete implementation details, let us know if this helps.

Cheers,

Kirk Stowell
Codejock Support

Edited by Administrator
samuli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samuli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2003 at 5:12am

Hi!

I'm not using any layout managers. I've managed to debug the leaks to the CommandBars. I really don't know, what i'm doing wrong. I followed the examples how to use command bars, but i still got memoryleaks. I sent the source to your support.

-- samuli

-- Samuli
blindemann View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blindemann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2003 at 2:27pm

Samul.

Thanks for sending us the the code samples which enabled us to find the problem. We have sent you an email but we will answer here also:

1. Remove all code from CMainFrame::~CMainFrame(). it's not necessary.

2. you must remake source code concerned with Docking Panes. Please see DrawClient sample source.

a) Create Docking Panes in CMainFrame::OnCreate

b) m_pwndPaneModelProperties and m_wndCoordsGrid must be members of CGStudioView or CMainFrame.

c) You must call Attach only in XTPWM_DOCKINGPANE_NOTIFY handler.

We are also updating our knowledge base to help with the use of Pro and the migration from Standard to Pro.

Thanks,

Bob

Edited by blindemann
Bob at Codejock
samuli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samuli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2003 at 2:34pm

Thanks for your help. i'll try that tomorrow and let you know if it worked.

i hope this will help you with your manual updating (no offense, but it's not that "complete" yet, more samples needed, good start though).

but anyway, great toolkit! i'll probably recommend this to my company, if i'll just get those memoryleaks fixed...

-- Samuli
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic