Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Changing the colors of panel caption bars?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Changing the colors of panel caption bars?
    Posted: 29 July 2008 at 7:03am
Hi,

XTP 12.1.
I'm using the Office 2007 Black skin (but this is also a topic for other skins) and I wonder how I can change the color used for the caption bars.

Is the only way to do this to create a completely new skin?

The caption bar (see screen shot below) should be roughly the same color as the window background used in the panel:

And I would also like to change the scroll bars from silver to dark gray...

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 8:21am
Hi,

try to play with different themes of DockingPanes... maybe WinXP theme will look better than Office2003 for you.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
MacW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 8:50am
Hi, Oleg

so the only way to make this "right" would be to make a new skin, and to create new custom bitmaps for the captions etc.

I know that you have added a skin builder to XTP recently. Very good.
Is there a documentation how to use it?

My first quick attempt (starting with a clone of the Office 2007 theme) was not fruitful. Loading my new skin with LoadSkin gave me blank captions etc. in the main frame, looking as if XTP was not finding the resources. But the cjstyles DLL contains all the resources. I don't know where to look to find the reason for this, and there is no doc for the SkinBuilder...
MacW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 12:00pm
xtpPaneThemeNativeWinXP works better, yet still the panel frame colors are much to light, and also the "bars" shown when panels are closed. I need control over these colors too.

Are these colors controlled via a Theme, a Skin, or a ColorSet?
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2008 at 8:27am
Hi,

Guess Panel color is "BtnFace" color you defined in skin.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Smucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2008 at 11:12am
I think it uses active/inactive small caption of skin if you use the docking theme xtpPaneThemeNativeXP (or don't set a docking pane theme).

If you use a different docking pane theme, the skin colors or bitmaps will be ignored for inactive panes.

Product: Xtreme Toolkit Pro version 13.2 (Unicode, static build)

Platform: Windows 200x/XP/Vista/Win7 (32/64 bit)

Language: Visual C++ 9.0 (Studio 2008)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic