Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Different tab positions?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Osiris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Different tab positions?
    Posted: 28 July 2008 at 11:17am
Hi,

with GetPaintManager()->GetTabPaintManager()->SetPosition(...) it is possible to change the postion of the tabs of tabbed docking panes. But this setting always effects all panes aof the application - any tabbed panes show the tabs on the same side.
Is it possible to have different tab postions for different tab containers (for exaple the panes docked to the left side of the main frame window show their tabs on the left side and the panes docked to the bottom of the application show their tabs on the bottom)?

Thanks in advance
Stefan
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 1:57am
Hi,

Yes, its possible.

Create custom TabbedContainer class (see Samples\DockingPane\DockingContainers sample) and override XTPTabPosition GetPosition() const
method.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Osiris View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Osiris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2008 at 2:45am
Hi Oleg,

thank you for your answer...it works for intialization.
But why do the panes 'forget' the tab position after the whole container has been tabbed for examplr to the top and then back to the side. After that the tabs are always at the bottom, but I never change the tab position member of the derived panetabbed container?
Do you have any ideas how to fix this?
I also tried to set the tab postion of a pane after I received an XTP_DPN_ACTION event with a xtpPaneActionDocked action so that the tabs are always at the outer border of the main frame, no matter where the panes are docked to. But if I do so, the application crashes after several docking actions.

Thanks in advance
Stefan
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2008 at 8:12am
Hi,
I don't know what you did in code so have no idea how you can fix it.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Osiris View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Osiris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2008 at 8:23am
Hi Oleg,

I derived the CXTPDockingPaneTabbedContainer class and added a SetTabPosition() method and a tab position member which is returned on XTPTabPosition GetPosition().

On intialization of the docking panes I do the following:

CXTPDockingPane* pwndPane = m_paneManager.CreatePane(...);
( (CDockingPaneTabbedContainerDerived*)pwndPane->GetContainer() )->SetTabPosition( xtpTabPositionLeft );

I set this tab position member to each docking pane.

xtfj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xtfj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2009 at 5:31am
I meet this problem too.
Can someone help us?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic