Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > .NET WinForms > Task Panel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visual Studio 2008 Express

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Visual Studio 2008 Express
    Posted: 24 July 2008 at 2:03pm
I have installed the taskpanel winforms, but can't find it in any of the add components within Visual Express 2008. How can I add this component to my project ?
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 11:35am
Just right-click on toolbox, choose "Add Items" (or something similarly worded), and navigate to the taskpanel dll where you installed it.
jmls View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 11:43am
That's the problem - when installing the taskpanel, I cannot select any of the runtimes ;

"TaskPanel for VS02",
"TaskPanel for VS03" and
"TaskPanel for VS05"

are all greyed out and non-selectable. So no runtimes get installed.

I have VB express 2005 and VB express 2008 installed.

Thanks!

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 11:56am
Is this the eval or retail?
jmls View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 5:32pm
It's the eval.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2008 at 11:35am
Hi, please download the eval again and try.
jmls View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2008 at 11:45am
I just tried 2.02, same problem. Although there is only vs05 and vs08 as options, I can't select either.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2008 at 1:01pm
I'll need to get our .NET developers to look into this, apparently the installer does not recognize Express editions.  But the software should work with them.  BTW, we will only support 2005 and above from now on, which is why the installer was changed.
jmls View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2008 at 1:07pm
2005+ is just fine. I just want to be able to use the component ;)

Thanks for the help - please let me know when it's available for express.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2008 at 1:31pm
OK, I have one of our developers looking into it right now.  I see no reason it will not work with express except the installer not installing the component
jmls View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2008 at 4:12pm
any luck on this ? I'm itching to get started on the eval ;)
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2008 at 4:15pm
I'm told sometime next week we should have something.  He will post here as well.
Rainbow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2008 at 4:46pm
The express editions of the Visual Studio product do not support automation we currently use to install the controls. We are looking into the problem now and should get a solution early next week.
Igor Samochernov
.NET Technical Lead
CodejockSoftware
jmls View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2008 at 2:04am
thanks
jmls View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2008 at 8:48am
any luck on this ? I really need to be able to start on a project and I don't want to have to buy someone else's taskpanel !
Rainbow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2008 at 9:17am
Hello.

We are testing the workaround solution currently. The installation package would install the components without registration in express versions of the Visual Studio. You will be able to add them manually to the Visual Studio toolbox. I hope this is suitable for you as a temporal approach.

A better solution would be available very soon with the upcoming release of the CommandBars project.
Igor Samochernov
.NET Technical Lead
CodejockSoftware
jmls View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2008 at 2:08pm
adding them manually is just fine, thanks !
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2008 at 2:15pm
Hi,
Please write to support@codejock.com and we will attach a new version of the installer.
Thanks
jmls View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2009 at 4:58pm
has there been any updates on this control ?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 9:29am
I updated the evaluation page with new installers.  LMK if they work for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic