Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - SOLVED: Controls only PARTIALLY affected by skin
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SOLVED: Controls only PARTIALLY affected by skin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SOLVED: Controls only PARTIALLY affected by skin
    Posted: 15 July 2008 at 11:46am
I have a pretty complex form using a majority of the CodeJock controls. There is one weird occurance that is happening however. When I apply a skin, there are a handful of controls that dont get affected, or get partially affected.

If you look at the attached screenshot, you will notice a docking pane on the bottom of the form underneath the reply box (with the confidential, urgent, etc... checkboxes).

These controls are all on a groupbox, which is linked to the pane during construction. the groupbox that gets attached to the pane is correctly affected by the skin change, however the checkboxes and addition groupbox seem to only be partially affected (the background colors do not change). These checkboxes and groupboxes are the CodeJock version, and not the MSVB version. All UseVisualStyle Properties=True

Please advise!!

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) 12.0.1
Platform: Windows Vista/XP
Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
JasonG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 12:09pm
UPDATE: I have come up with the bandaid solution of adding the following BOLDED lines. Do I really need to apply the skin to each groupbox?

Skin1.LoadSkin Skins(0).FileLocation, Skins(0).iniFile
    Skin1.ApplyWindow Me.hWnd
    Skin1.ApplyWindow GroupBox1.hWnd
    Skin1.ApplyWindow grpReplyOptions.hWnd

Skin1.ApplyOptions = Skin1.ApplyOptions Or xtpSkinApplyMetrics

Baldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 1:43pm
This happens sometimes, when the skinframework is in the same form as the controls.
If the Form_Load-Event occurs all controls are already loaded and builded, so skinframework can't capture this.

Try:
Use a hidden form that only contains the skinframework and load this in sub main before you load any other form, than all forms are (normaly) correct skinned.
Don't forget unload the hidden form if application ends.
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 3:55pm

Hi,

Also try to move these lines to first lines of Load event. Maybe when you call it your groupBox and CheckBoxes already created...
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Baldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 2:31am
This is what i described ;)
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 5:52am

ok :)

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
JasonG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 9:44am
I've taken your advise and put the Skin control on a sperate form, and I also forgot to include the xtpSkinApplyFrame option. This resloved the issue for the most part. Thanks guys.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic