Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cannot Register SkinFramework V12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StephenW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cannot Register SkinFramework V12
    Posted: 04 June 2008 at 8:02am
I have used V11.2.2 for some time now without issues, and today downloaded the V12 upgrade.

I have uninstalled V11.2.2 and installed V12, and then registered the OCXs.

In a VB.NET project I only use the skinframework, and this has been fine with V11.2.2.  However now I have V12 I cannot drag the SkinFramework icon from the toolbox to the form.  When I try it says ActiveX control not correctly registered.

After trying to re-install, reboot, and swear at it for a long while I have given up.  I have reverted to V11.2.2 and this is now working again fine, and did so on first re-install.

Is there an issue with V12 installation, or how can I ensure the V12 SkinFramework installs correctly, as this seems to be the only item with a problem ?

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2008 at 2:01pm
Hi,

You have remove old icon in toolbox and add new.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
StephenW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StephenW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2008 at 4:55am
Yes I did. 

I originally wanted V11.2.2 and V12 on the same machine, but when that did not work I uninstalled V11.2.2.  I looked in the toolbox and deleted the existing tab I had with the Code Jock controls on it.  I added a new tab and selected all of the V12 control to be placed on it (they all say V12 when hovered over).

YellowStreak View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YellowStreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 5:19am

Hi,

Did you ever get a resolution for this?

I have just installed V12 and I am getting the same issues trying to update my .NET activeX controls.
StephenW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StephenW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 5:32am
Sorry no, I have not had time to look at this any more, and will be using V11.2.2 for now, so have no solution to offer.

Maybe Code Jock can help, as it would be nice to be able to use version 12 ?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YellowStreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 5:40am
I actually got it working.  Even though I had removed all references to the 11.2 controls from my project references and my toolbox, .NET still held a copy of the 11.2 dll in the obj folder of my project.  Having both versions of the dlls in this folder seemed to be causing a conflict.  I deleted the 11.2 dll from this folder and hey presto!  - everything worked.  Hopefully this might sort out your issues as well.
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 8:19am
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YellowStreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 9:20am
Sorry - Link doesn't seem to go anywhere
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 9:25am
Try it now
StephenW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StephenW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 11:57am
If only your upgrades were this simple

For VB6 it was very easy, MS just upgraded all the controls, and it seems to have worked.

For .NET, even after following the instructions in the link, still no luck, and a broken project.  For some reason after upgrading and rebuilding as suggested it could not find AxInterop.SkinFramework.dll.  However on adding a from, and dropping the V12 skinframe work control onto it, this handily appears in the project references (genius MS - NOT).

So hurdle one over come.

I now have a project that runs again, and is skinned, but closing a form gives an error :

5 - Cross thread operation not valid : Control grdInterfaces accessed from a thread other than the thread it was crated on.

grdInterfaces is a grid control I am using (its a DataGridView).  However I suspect it is not this control in itself causing the problem, as other forms cause errors with the toolbar (its a ToolStrip).

So my once working project seems to have cross thread problems with V12 that did not exist with V11.2.2.

Any ideas, or do I bin V12 yet again and revert to reliable V11.2.2 ? ? ?

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 1:03pm
Hi,
Can  you attach small sample that can reproduce this problem?
Oleg, Support Team
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 1:41pm
Yes, please attach your sample or submit it to support.  There shouldn't be an issue upgrading to 12 if you followed that guide.
StephenW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StephenW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 3:57am
I will try to find time to do so, as Im on other projects at present
StephenW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StephenW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 5:44am
I managed to find 5 minutes to make a test project.

This is a simple MDI form with toolstrip and includes the skinframework.

The New button on the form makes a new child form, also with toolstrip.  Clicking the Close button on the child form can cause the crash, most times it is clicked.

Im going to guess this may be something I am doing incorrectly, but will say this was working without issue under V11.2.2 and works fine with version 12 on VB6 projects.

Many thanks for your time.

StephenW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StephenW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 3:28am
Has anyone had a chance to look at this ?
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 7:43am
Hi,

Works fine. Tried a lot of times - never saw crash... Maybe its because I have 12.0.1.   Send letter to support@codejock.com I will attach 12.0.1 to try.
Oleg, Support Team
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 8:52am
Same here, seems to work fine with 12.0.1
logman2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logman2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 9:00am
Hi...
I have buy the xtreme SkinFramework ActiveX control 11.2.2 and now i want to updated to version 12... where can i download it to update?

Thanks
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 9:17am
If you have a current maintenance contract then you just log into the store to download it.  If not, then you must call or write sales to upgrade.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 9:19am
Or you can use the online store to buy a subscription renewal.

StephenW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StephenW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 11:40am
Thank you, I have found the update via the web iste, and will give this a try :)
StephenW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StephenW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 12:27pm
No probelsm at all in VB6 projects.

Still crashes in .Net projects (I am trying the same test project I attached above).  It is much improved however, now only crashing once every approximatley 8 tries (before it was almost every time).

I have attached a screen shot of the error.

StephenW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StephenW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 3:27am
Have you found a cure for this yet ?

As the skinframework is working with VB6 without issues I can only assume the installation has gone well.

As the project worked fine with version 11.2.2 I can only assume the code is correct (you have the test project to check for this).

So not working with V12 and V12.0.1 suggests thats where the problem is ?

I will have to revert to version 11.2.2 soon as I need to work on the .NET project again in future, but am not happy with this situation.
StephenW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StephenW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 11:44am
Is anyone looking into this please ?
StephenW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StephenW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 7:20am
Do I have to submit this as a support issue as no one seems willing to answer on here ?

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 9:26am
Hi,

Yes, please dublicate it for support@codejock.com
Oleg, Support Team
meaningoflights View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meaningoflights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 1:04am
In the end it'll be something as simple as this:
http://yummysiliconchips.blogspot.com/2007/05/fix-some-issues-with-flash-activex-in.html

<snip>

problems in the past where the Shockwave Flash Object is included in the toolbox, but when you try to drag it to a form, you get a "ActiveX control not registered" dialog box....

To fix this problem you'll need the following file: AxInterop.ShockwaveFlashObjects.dll, which can be downloaded here. Once you have a copy of the file, copy-paste to your Project's obj/Debug folder, close and restart your project then try to add the control again. That should help with the problem.

</snip>
Jeremy Thompson (MCSD)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic