Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tooltip issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tooltip issue
    Posted: 22 May 2008 at 10:37am
Hi,

I want to extend the tooltip for some toolbar items. I managed to create a Markup and it looks very nice and it works  Good job CodeJock

Now, in the beginning the extended tooltips will be used but after a while a user will be annoyed when hovering over a toolbar item and a "huge" tooltip will appear (because he/she knows the options already). So I want also the tooltip as an ordinary tooltip looks like, nothing fancy

Normally the tooltip (if no tooltipText is set) will be like the descriptionText of the toolbar item, right? see Image 1.
But when a tooltipText is set to some MarkUp tooltip and I would want to disable the extended tooltip I get the string of the MarkUp in the ordinary tooltip, see Image 2.

Only with Standard and Balloon the tooltip is "normal". Why is there a difference and why is the description text also present with all other styles?

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 11:01am
Hi,

You have to set xtpToolTipMarkup tooltip style to see markup.... or I don't understand the question :)
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 11:37am

Hi,

I think you don't understand what I'm trying to say (look at the first line, Oleg. Then you see it's working perfectly )

But I think I know why there is a difference.

If I set CommandBars.ToolTipContext.ShowTitleAndDescription True, xtpToolTipIconWarning then all tooltipstyles (except standard,balloon and RTF) will show the title and the description as a tooltip. The Markup string is the title of the tooltip and the description is the description as I set it when adding the toolbar combo. Standard,balloon and RTF style can only show the description as tooltip, right?

Now this is (almost) clear to me, OK then I have the following: Can we have a property tooltipContext.ShowOnlyDescription?

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 1:50pm
Hi,

What ShowOnlyDescription will give ? Just set Control.tooltip  to the string you want to be description :)
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 1:29am
Oleg,

I have something in my mind that I can't seem to explain. Let's leave it this way, OK?

Thanks anyway for your reply.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic