Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Save Desn. Studio file from Commandbars?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Save Desn. Studio file from Commandbars?
    Posted: 18 August 2004 at 8:34am

I am an evaluating customer - who is very pleased with what they have seen so far.

I am constructing my commandbars dynamically in a "commandbar builder" VB application (we have our own textual method of describing this structure) and would like to save the resultant CommandBars set in a Designer Studio XCB File. At least I believe this is what I need to do if :-

I want to have a base file from which the default commandbars and menus are loaded into our main application. Then to allow the users to customise what they want and save just the customisations to their user file.

I can see there is a save to registry, and a save to string. If I put the string in a file it does not appear to be compatible with the 'Designer Studio'

This ability is very important for us, as our code crosses from C/C++ into VB and we use macros to build the relevant header files etc., so the designer is too difficult to maintain amongst everything else.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ian

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic