Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CXTCheckListBox Horizontal Scrolling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mgampi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgampi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CXTCheckListBox Horizontal Scrolling
    Posted: 20 May 2008 at 3:13am
Hi;

you dont have to create your own class from scratch. Only derive it to handle WM_HSCROLL. This requires about 15 minutes to be realized...
Martin

Product: Xtreme Toolkit v 19.0.0, new Projects v 19.1.0
Platform: Windows 10 v 1909 (64bit)
Language: VC++ 2017
devam View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 3:11am

What you are suggesting is to create a class of my own for the control that I am using. That is the correct approach, but is not feasible for my project currently due to lack of time and resources.

I was wondering if there is any workaround through which I could properly handle the horizontal scrollbar while keeping the CXTPCheckListBox as a control within the dialog, and not creating a class for it.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion, but a little insight on this workaround, if possible, would be greatly appreciated.

DC
mgampi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgampi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 3:03am
Hi;
You have to derive from CXTPCheckListBox class and handle WM_HSCROLL there.
Then declare a dialog member variable of type of the derived class and in DoDataExchange do a DDX_Control().

HTH
Martin

devam View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 1:22am
Thanks for the suggestion but I tried that as well. Problem is that I have a dialog on which the CCheckListBox is a control.
So, since I do not have a wrapper class over the control, I cannot handle WM_HSCROLL message. If I do, it will get handled for the dialog class and not the control.
Is there any way in which I can handle the message while keeping the CheckListBox as a control within a dialog?
DC
mgampi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgampi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 11:03am
Hi;
what about adding a OnHScroll handler and after calling the base class implementation do a simple window refresh?
Martin

devam View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 6:52am
Hi,
I have used CXTCheckListBox in my project and need horizontal scrollbars in the same.
While creating the list box I have specified the WS_HSCROLL property, but that is not enough for CXTCheckListBoxes. By surfing and a little research I came up with the following code which successfully adds a Horizontal scrollbar to my CXTCheckListBox :

CString cstr;
    CSize   sz;
    int     iMaxLength = 0;
    CDC*    pDC = m_UnroutedTrailsList.GetDC();
    for (int i = 0; i < m_UnroutedTrailsList.GetCount(); i++)
    {
        m_UnroutedTrailsList.GetText(i, cstr);
        sz = pDC->GetTextExtent(cstr);
        if (sz.cx > iMaxLength)
        {
            iMaxLength = sz.cx;
        }
    }
    m_UnroutedTrailsList.ReleaseDC(pDC);
    // Set the horizontal extent so every character of all strings
    // can be scrolled to.
    m_UnroutedTrailsList.SetHorizontalExtent(iMaxLength);
But the problem is that when I scroll the list box horizontally, the strings are not displayed properly. I think there is some refresh problem. The strings are incorrectly drawn (overlap) as I scroll the listbox. The strings get correctly displayed when I click on any item within the CheckListBox.

Can anyone please help me to fix this display problem so that the horizontal scrollbar can behave normally with a CXTCheckListBox?

An early response is eagerly awaited...
DC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic