Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Colors for menus and toolbars?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingfenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Colors for menus and toolbars?
    Posted: 17 August 2004 at 3:24pm

ok, the office2003 setting seems to only change the shape and structure of controls, so can anyone tell me is there some way to change the colors to the blue scheme office 2003 uses?

any help is appreciated

Doug

Maui View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2004 at 3:55pm

When you set the Visual Theme property to Office2003 the control should automatically display in whatever theme XP is currently using. If you arent developing on an xp machine then I dont know what would happen.
I just did a test. I currently have blue theme on but I changed to Olive Theme and then ran my program and it displayed the menu in Olive Theme. So you dont need to make any changes to make it display in blue, it should detect it and then display in the appropriate theme colour.

Or if you mean how do you set the colour of other controls to be the same blue then I use this formMain.BackColor = formMain.CommandBars.GetSpecialColor(XPCOLOR_SPLITTER_FACE)

Boyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2004 at 7:37am

If you're running the Office2003 theme on a non-XP machine, you won't get the XP visual themes (which is what the Blue and Olive schemes are).  If you install Office2003 on a non-XP machine, you'll see that CommandBars accurately mimics the look-and-feel of Office2003 as it is displayed on non-XP machines.

I seem to remember this question coming up in the past, so search the forums.  I believe a user posted a suggestion for how to come close to duplicating the Blue theme on a non-XP machine using the Office2003 theme.  That post might help answer your question.

Boyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2004 at 7:41am

This is the previous user post I was referring to.  Turns out this solution was not for the ActiveX version of the control, so you won't be able to use it (ActiveX doesn't support custom themes).  Here's the post anyway:

https://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=403&K W=office2003

Edited by Boyd
Maui View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2004 at 4:55am

Perhaps try this:

CommandBars.Options.LunaColors = True

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2004 at 8:59am
Take a look at the MDISample in the new release (Click on the custom theme button), the new method CommadnBars::SetSpecialColor (It appears this did not get compiled into the help file) is used to customize the colors of your commandbars
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic