Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Report Control and horizontal scrolling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunbeam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Report Control and horizontal scrolling
    Posted: 15 May 2008 at 5:41am
Hi,

I have a report control with some 30 fixed columns. When i press the up button of my keyboard, the report control scrolls one row up. When pressing down it goes down, as i expect. But when pressing right, the report control is positioned one row down. When i press left, it is repositioned one row up.

Isn't it possible to change the report control in a way that the arrow left key is scrolling horizontal to the left and vice versa ?

Kind regards and already many thanx.
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 8:01am
Hi,

Do you mean scroll column left/right?

Set wndReportControl.FocusSubItems = True will allow you to use the left/right arrow keys to navigate in a row.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
sunbeam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunbeam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 8:48am
Okay. That is more or less the thing i need. But i see you have a selection box now for the column that i have selected. I only have a row select. Is it somehow possible to suppress this selection box now?

Already many thanx!

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 9:13am
Hi,

The only thing you can do is:

wndReportControl.SelectionEnable = False

This will hide the selection and you have only the RowFocus when settting wndReportControl.ShowRowFocus = True of course

sunbeam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunbeam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 10:22am
Thanx, i think i can find a solution starting from the things you gave me.

Kind regards and many thanx!
braian87b View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote braian87b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2008 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Aaron Aaron wrote:

Hi,

The only thing you can do is:

wndReportControl.SelectionEnable = False

This will hide the selection and you have only the RowFocus when settting wndReportControl.ShowRowFocus = True of course

Im sorry, this has no relation with my question but: what is the purpose or usage for those properties?... SelectionEnable and ShowRowFocus...

Thanks in advance!
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 12:21am
Originally posted by braian87b braian87b wrote:

Im sorry, this has no relation with my question but: what is the purpose or usage for those properties?... SelectionEnable and ShowRowFocus...

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Suppose you have 50 columns. You set AutoSizeColumns = false in order to have a decent view of the report. Now, if you want to navigate the columns in the report you have to set FocusSubItems = true. The selection of the row will look like the first picture (the selected subitem is white and not blue). SelectionEnabled = false will show only the FocusRect (ShowFocusRect = true) (see second picture) Now you will see which row is selected and you can navigate the columns with left and right key

braian87b View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote braian87b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 10:17am
you are a genius explaining things like this

thanks!
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 11:11am
Originally posted by braian87b braian87b wrote:

you are a genius explaining things like this

thanks!

Tell it to my boss

Pictures will always make things easier to explain. You have to make a few screenshots and that's it. Yes, it takes about 2 minutes more and ??? If you didn't understand it, I would have been busy (maybe 3 minutes) with the reply of your second question

Mossy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mossy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 10:07am

hi this is great left rihgt and up down but what do i do to stop the children of a record from collapsing or expanding when going left right.

please help

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 6:59am
Originally posted by Mossy Mossy wrote:

hi this is great left rihgt and up down but what do i do to stop the children of a record from collapsing or expanding when going left right.

please help

Hi,

If you are desperate:

Private Sub wndReportControl_PreviewKeyDown(KeyCode As Integer, ByVal Shift As Integer, Cancel As Boolean)
    Select Case KeyCode
        Case 37, 39
            If wndReportControl.FocusedRow.GroupRow Then Cancel = True
    End Select
End Sub

Mossy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mossy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2008 at 12:06pm
Thankyou
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic