Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WinForms and activex controls error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaudetm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WinForms and activex controls error
    Posted: 06 May 2008 at 7:04pm
Here is what i get when trying to add a colorpicker control in a winform in visual studio 2008 and same error with codejock label, combobox, well every controls is that a know bug and your working on it or should I move to infragistic controls for winforms event if am a customer since version 9.80 in vb6 but since i need to move to vb.net also same problem with the skin control in vb.net but why do you put a sample in c# for the skin control and not in vb.net and why no sample for controls in vb.net at all?

Please find a solution to this I really love your controls and don't want to move to competitor just because your activex controls won't work in .NET

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 1:24am
Hi,
What do you see running our samples ?
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
gaudetm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaudetm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 6:56am
No samples using vb.net for the controls suite

please send any if you have using VB.NET
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 7:36am

Think you do something wrong.

Here steps I do:

1. Create new WinForms project.

2. Click right button in toolbox-> select "Choose Items".

3. in the list choose COM Componenents->Xtreme ColoPIcker.

4. Drag it from toolbox to form.

Oleg, Support Team
gaudetm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaudetm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 5:38pm
I Try it on two computer First with Windows XP SP3 English and you saw the error when i drag any controls of the suite on a winform but commandbars and dockingpane controls work fine don't know why but the same project under Vista Ultimate SP1 French working like a pro and can drag controls on the winform but would like to fix the error under XP since the XP is my primary developper machine.

If any have Visual Studio 2008 working on XP SP3 in english and can add like the colorpicker control let us know please.

Marc
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 4:35am
Hi,
I tried it with XP Sp3 and VS 2008.   strange. try to reregister controls/reinstall setup. etc.
Oleg, Support Team
gaudetm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaudetm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 4:19pm

Can you send me a complex sample with all of your controls to my email so will see if this work because when start a new fresh project with only one winform in vb.net 2008 and add suite controls control then work fine but one big project i'm working on every others controls from the activex suite work except controls (pushbutton, combobox ,etc from that suite controls)

Thanks

P.S.: May be good for others too so send a copy in the forum too.

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 1:48am

Hello,

quite a lof of samples in
Common\VB.NET  folder.

What samples in this folder don't work for you ?
Oleg, Support Team
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic