Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Task Panel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flickery Update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vitaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flickery Update
    Posted: 06 May 2008 at 11:52am
In example Task Panel, if you click on toolbar button Search, then expand "When was it modified?" item and try to scoll the left view, the scrolling looks bad, lots of flickering, bad redrawing.
cpede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2008 at 8:45am
Any suggestions how to get rid of the extreme flikkering in the TaskPanels. I have added a dialog control when when resizing it flickers.

-cpede
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2008 at 9:23am
We don't let the docking panes update dynamically as the user resizes them. We wait until the user lets the mouse up to resize. Also my code resizes the task panel in a docking pane along with another window we have in the same docking pane and had lots of flickering if the user resizes the frame window. I found that I needed to add SWP_NOCOPYBITS to the flags sent to SetWindowPos. Flickering was greatly reduced when I modified the flag.

Now if I can just figure out how to keep all the dialogs added as items to a group from flickering whenever the user merely moves over the group headers ... CJ must be doing an invalidate of the entire group contents each time a mouse moves over a header. What a light show! Pink Floyd would be proud.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic