Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > .NET WinForms > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Syntax Edit - general question + need help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idan_b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Syntax Edit - general question + need help
    Posted: 03 May 2008 at 1:15pm
hello,

i just found your outstanding controls after few hours of "googling" for compnents that allows a text edit box with a custom syntax highlight, as i want to code myself some useful editor to tcl/tk coding with features i needed for myself.

anyway, i've tried installing the activeX trial version of the Syntax Edit control, to "play" with it & see if i can use it to my needs & purchase the license for it & start dev with it...

First question would be if there is any ETA on this control to be available to the c# .NET for studio 2008.

Second question is regarding "how to" in relation to the "syntax highlight" thingy. i've tried to put syntax highlight in "action", but something not working, perhaps i'm not doing something right.. i've tried to look at your help files, but those lack some usefull code snippets...
apart from setting "ConfigFile" property to contain string with path to the ini file, is there something else needs to be set to view it in action ?
cause i've set that property, and it doesnt work...
also, which property set the scheme to use ?

i've tried to look on the visual basic sample code, but saw nothing that sets this property, so couldnt tell...

EDIT:
i found the "problem", it only works on file extension, so unless i load a file with a specific extention, it will not syntax coloring it.
is there any way to override this issue ?

would appreciate any help on issue.
regards,
Idan B. 
"It's a buggy-bug world out there..."
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2009 at 10:56pm
Current version of SyntaxEdit give you more freedom in the way you get your syntax (as file or string in memory) and also about relations between content and type (not file extention only as before)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic