Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Download size.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ijwelch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Download size.
    Posted: 30 April 2008 at 1:44am
It took about 3 hours to download the 50mb installation today. Afraid internet connection is slow here in Thailand.

How about you make merge modules and cab files available as separate public download (these are redistributables anyway) as not all customers need them and we can create them ourselves anyway. Thats 20mb of compressed duplicated ocx's.

The Help/Tutorials are 7mb compressed and I doubt anybody looks at them. Have these online and linked from the help file (or get replace them with something newer as they are all from 2005).

Add another 6mb of compressed samples I don't need (maybe these can be optional at time of install and downloaded from internet as required).

So, allowing for stronger compression in your installation exe that's about half of the download I didn't need.

Just a suggestion. I suppose most of your customers can download 50mb in a matter of minutes but it'd be nice to get my 10mb (compressed) of new ocx's a bit quicker here in internet of the 1990's.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic