Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Suite Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Report Control - Preview text

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Report Control - Preview text
    Posted: 09 August 2004 at 1:26pm

I was just looking at the Report Control sample.
I noticed that the Preview Text spans the whole width of the control.

Since this control seems to emulate the grid in Outlook so well I was wondering why this aspect of it had been made different.

I looked at the documentation and all I could see was the ability to turn preview text on or off.

Is there a way to make it only span certain columns the same as outlook?

Im not bothered by it, just curious.

Thanks

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 2:33pm
I'm not sure what you mean.  What option do I set in Outlook?  In the reportcontrol you can specify how many lines are displayed in the preview text.  You can just add line breaks in the text to keep it from filling the entire row.
Maui View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2004 at 4:31am

Width, not height. Here is a picture of what I am talking about.
A. is Codejock Report Control
B. is Outlook

See how in A (codejock report control) the preview text spans the whole width of the control but in B (outlook) there is an indent where the preview text doesnt appear (indicated with a big red X)

What I wanted to know is can you make the codejock report control display its preview text indented the same as outlook does.

Boyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2004 at 7:40am

Take a look at the 'SetPreviewIndent' method of 'PaintManager'.  It allows you to set the margins for the preview text.

Maui View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2004 at 1:13pm

Nice one.

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic