Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Task Panel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vista issue with scroll bar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vista issue with scroll bar
    Posted: 11 April 2008 at 3:14pm
My task panel has an odd problem on Vista. Sometimes after removing items that caused the panel to have a scroll bar and inserting an item that fits so no scroll bar is needed, after I call the Reposition(FALSE) and UpdateWindow on the panel, the update occurs and then the scroll bar that was visible and should now not be needed fades back in.

When the fade in is complete, the scroll bar can cover some of my UI but it is not really there. That is, the scroll bar is not operational and if I minimize and restore the app window, the bar goes away.

If we change the theme to windows classic, no problem shows up. Chaning from the Aero theme to the Vista basic theme and the problem persists.

So it appears that Vista is causing this display issue (no big surprise I'm sure for programmers working with 3D views on Vista).

Is there anything I can do with the task panel to address this problem?

I could not find any setting under "Effects" that would allow me to turn off fading like I can do to menus and tooltips on XP. Is there some way to turn off fading in Vista so I can see what effect no fading has on this issue?
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 10:47am
I finally gave up on this one and turned off the theme for the CJ taskpanel when running CodeJock with Vista.

I now have a plain scroll bar but at least the display is always correct.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic