FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Float pane method

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Maui View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Float pane method
    Posted: 25 December 2004 at 5:14am

Thanks for the work around.

Is a propper DockPane method planned for future releases?

As I have already said I consider the ability to float and dock a pane to be fundamentals of a control of this type. To have to go to the extreme of destroying the pane and recreating again in its new location seems extreme.

The functionality I am suggesting already exists, it happens when you double click the title bar of a floating pane. I would like to see is this same functionality in a single call.

Thanks

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2004 at 8:31pm
You would need to destroy the pane and create a new one.  When you create it, you can place it in it original state.  You will need to keep track of the location, remember, that when a pane is destroyed, the object attached still exists, so you can attatch the old object back to the new pane.  Take a look at how the reading pane is moved by code in the Outlook 2003 sample.

Edited by SuperMario
Maui View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2004 at 5:09am

Assuming I had a docked window and I used the float pane method to float it, what method could I then use to return it back to its docked state?

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic