Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Calendar Reminders

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elmsoftware Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Calendar Reminders
    Posted: 05 January 2007 at 5:54pm
Hello,

We are using the Calendar control (version 10.4) in our VB6 app using an Access database.

I have a behavior question concerning CalendarReminders collection and the event OnReminders.  I do not believe it is behaving the way that it is intended...please tell me your thoughts on the scenario below.
Note: I have used a lot of your sample VB6 code.

Reminder Scenario
Note: The EnableReminders True method is called after the DataProvider is set as well as the Populate method.

1) Current Date/Time is Jan 5, 2006 at 5:00 pm.

2) A event has been created on Jan 5, 2005 at 4:30 pm and has a reminder set to 15 minutes (MinutesBeforeStart).

3) When the form loads with this calendar the Reminders collection has 0 items in it and does not fire.  I would expect it to 'fire' as per your help file (OnReminders event as per the 'xtpCalendarRemindersFire' parameter description.

Also note that if the 4:30pm event mentioned above is then dragged to let's say a 4:00 pm start time, the OnReminders event fires and the Reminders collection has 1 item in it...as expected.

My question is shouldn't the above scenario cause the OnReminders event to fire upon form load with the Reminders collection having 1 item in it?

These are my findings, please respond when you get a free opportunity.

I greatly enjoy using your product and believe it is the best...your help is much appreciated.

All the best,

John Lueders
Elm Software

sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 1:44pm
Actually this should be working as you expect.

Let me know whether do you use snoozing of event reminders. There could be probably a bug related to its usage...

--
WBR,
Serge
elmsoftware View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elmsoftware Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2007 at 1:57pm
Serge,

Thank your quick response.
I appreciate your help in these forums.

My situation was that I migrated some records from my old 'APPOINTMENT' table into the 'Events' table that is generated by the Calendar.DataProvider.Create.

I saw that the 'ReminderMinutesBeforeStart' was not a required field so during the migration, this field was set to Null.

With data in the 'Events' table this way the OnReminders event did not fire as expected.  I opened up my Access database and isolated just this field and set the 'ReminderMinutesBeforeStart' to a value (for example the default of 15), now the Calendar_OnReminders works as expected with an appropriate collection of reminders.

My conclusion is that the 'ReminderMinutesBeforeStart' field is required in order for the OnReminders to work as expected...All is well.

Best Regards,

John Lueders
Elm Software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic